Subjects

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Performance at Fasseas

For our first unit of Stage Chemistry, we learned about the different elements of a theater. We learned about measuring and scaling correctly. For our first action project, we were asked to take our newfound knowledge and apply it to a space of our choice; when then turned that space into a theater. I chose to use Menomonee, specifically Fasseas for the room with the stage. To help us with ideas we examined the Goodman Theatre and its elements. We then had to chose six of our own elements to show details of our space. The elements I chose were the stage, the viewing angles, the lobby showing how to get to the bathrooms, the coat check and concessions, the box office, and ticket pricing. I also had a blueprint of the entire area, as well as a comparison between my space and Goodman Theatre's. I really enjoyed the math parts of the project and making the blueprint to scale. It was difficult to measure all the walls and draw them to scale, because some of the walls weren't at a 90 degree angles. However, I ended up finding a good estimate that worked perfectly, which I was proud of accomplishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment