Subjects

Monday, May 16, 2016

Endure the Contour

For our second unit of Endurance, Katabasis, we got to dive more into our missions. Throughout the unit we studied different endurers journeys and used them as inspirations for our own. We then began to pursue those journeys. We learned how to turn our visions into missions, start our journeys, and document them. For our action project we were assigned to do just that. We each chose a mission and spent 12 hours doing and documenting our process. Doing something repeatedly for 12 hours was challenging at times but I'm proud of myself for following through and doing what I set out to do.


My mission was to learn to contour, with the guiding question: what is the best contouring technique for my face? Looking back on this experience I'm really glad I had this project as motivation to try something I've been wanting to try for about a year. I'm someone who really enjoys makeup and use it as my creative outlet on a daily basis. I saw many contouring videos and images and thought it was something really beautiful and interesting but never personally got around to trying it. It's something that looked very simple but  I knew wouldn't be, so I put it off to the side and never tried it. So when this assignment was given to us I saw it as the perfect opportunity to finally give it a shot. Doing the project was really fun but very time consuming --obviously. It also took a while to find the technique that was best for me. You have to find the best brand, the best blending technique, the best tools for the blending. All of that sounds easy, but it isn't something you can just figure out on the spot. You need to try again and again before you find the thing that works best for you. I'm really glad I did this project for 12 hours though, because now I have a new skill that I enjoy using. I plan to expand my contouring knowledge in the future and learn more tips in order to get better, but for now I am more than satisfied with what I've learned.

1 comment:

  1. Your makeup is on point the whole video, but I did see an improvement! You need to teach me this. I really enjoyed the music is the beginning and end. Good job!

    ReplyDelete